1. Install Mozilla Firefox - Mozilla Firefox will stop spyware dead in its tracks. Mozilla Firefox has many different plugins and advantages for other browsers and has a large community dedicated to keeping it secure.
(yep i agree, kalau xpecaya try it n u will know.....hehehe....)
2. Firewall. If you're your operating system is anything but Windows 98 then you have a built-in firewall. The problem is that most computers I fix the firewall is turned off. You wouldn't leave your front door open!! Firewalls close all the open doors or ports that enable remote users or applications to connect to your computer. No firewall means that all open ports can and will enable some application to connect to your computer remotely.
(on kan firewall kat laptop korang tu....xada masalah pun janji antivirus running hehe)
3. Encrypt your files - I don't care if you have a super secret password on your computer and all the latest patches if someone has physical access to your computer they can take your hard drive and pop it into another computer and access your files. If your files and folders are encrypted then they can't access them and steal your Identity. Pick a folder for you important documents-right click the folder then press advanced and then press encrypt folders and contents.
(yang ni kalau korang nak protect dokumen korang,,,encrypt jer supaya org xbole buka dokumen yg korang buat dengan susah payah...tau ker mcm mana nak encrypt...artikel ni ada bgtau tapi kalau ada yg still tak tau nanti aku ajar korang ea dalam tutorial hehe)
4. Updates - make sure that you enable automatic updates. Updates should be install within twenty four hours of their release. Hackers will reverse engineer the published updates and use the exploits to create their own, so patch away.
(yepp pastikan sentiasa auto updates penting ni)
5. Car Storage - OK, easy suggestion but if I'm a hacker all I need to do is follow the target home and wait for them to leave the laptop in the car. Dumb, but I felt like it needed to be said.
(hahahaha...ramai yang buat mcm ni kan....)
6. Laptop locks - Don't buy cheap laptop locks. Some of the cheap laptop locks on the market can be cut with small pliers. Good laptop lock cables will mesh together preventing it from being cut.
(ahaa ingat kereta jer kena lock ker...laptop pun kena jugak tau)
7. Policy - If you have own a business make a policy on how laptops are to be stored. You need to have a double lock policy. If a laptop is left unattended in a room it needs to be locked down with a laptop lock and the door to the room needs to be locked.
8. Harden Your Operating System - Locking down your operating system means stopping all unneeded services, installing updates and proper configuration of applications and server apps.
9. Passwords vs Pass Phrases - Make your passwords longer and more complicated.
(yang ni korang dah teror sangat kan tapi pastikan password tu korang sentiasa ingat)
11. Wireless Security - Enable some sort of wireless security like WPA2, if you have no wireless encryption set up then all of your wireless clients can be tracked and subject to exploit. Kismet and other hacker tools will not only sniff wireless traffic they will also identify all the wireless clients for that wireless access points.
12. Walking Away - When you walk away from your laptop you need to press control-alt-delete and lock your computer. Dumb but it needs to be said.
13. AD-HOC Wireless networks - If your at a library or on campus or at a coffee shop and you scan for wireless networks and you see a computer to computer network don't' connect some one is trying to screw with you.
14. Rename your computer - Pretty easy to find you target if you computer's name is your name. Once a hacker knows your name the social engineering game begins.
15. Virtualization - Install Virtual PC and install a virtual machine. Use the Virtual computer to test all applications prior to use. Utilize the virtual pc for all risky websites.
16. Drinks -I think I have seen more lost data from someone spilling a drink on a laptop than anything else. So keep your drinks away from your laptop...yea simple.
(yang suka lepak2 sambil makan minum kat laptop jer hehehe, kot2 takut nanti tertumpah air kat laptop tu)
17. Stolen Laptops - Register your laptops with one of the many different laptop recovery services. If you install their software and the thief accesses the Internet they can track it, deleted your data, and report the location to the police...in theory.
(yang tang ni kalau boleh jumpa balik laptop tu tak apa la jugak...rugiii oooo nak dapat punya payah)
18. Ant-Virus - Update your virus definitions.
(mesti ada dalam setiap pc/laptop yer, kalau xada sila adakan)
19. Install Linux - Ubuntu Linux is free, you can install it in about 15 minutes, and its more secure than anything Microsoft has to offer.
(tau ke linux tu apa...baca SINI)